11. John makes me coffee even though he hates it. We’re working on that…
12. John loves my family. I appreciate his effort to invest in my sisters.
|Enjoying Muir Woods|
|Dinner at our place in LA, August 2012|
13. He loves to surprise me!
|A surprise parasailing trip to celebrate my birthday, March 2012|
13. John keeps me grounded. He helps me to organize my thoughts, no matter how jumbled they are. He reasons with me even when I am most unreasonable.
|Enjoying clear, summer skies in Santa Monica, July 2012|
18. John always seeks to put God first. He challenges me spiritually.
|Enjoying the Oregon Coast, October 2012|
|Commencement for John’s Masters. We hope to travel back to LA in 2014 to celebrate his PhD
(the ceremony is only held every two years).
|Saying goodbye at the airport, October 2012|
1. Two great hours of Bible study with Carlene.
2. A productive afternoon of school work.
3. Rest. Much needed rest.
1. Tutoring resumed today! So happy to spend time with the kids again!
2. Making upcycled Christmas cards and playing outside to celebrate the end of term.
3. Butternut soup with Amy.
4. Planning for Choose to Wait next week. It’s good to get the ball rolling, however slowly.
5. An unexpected opportunity to talk to John for a few minutes.
1. An absolutely gorgeous day. I’m so much happier, energetic and productive when the sun is shining!
2. Assembly this morning and the chance to share these truths: I have value; you have value; sex has value.
3. The ability to simply laugh when tutoring is canceled yet again because the students are not coming to school.
3. Taco night with guests.
1. Themba’s Camp Zion t-shirt–it put a huge smile on my face.
2. “What to do with your Thanksgiving”, an excellent sermon from Rankin Wilborne at Pacific Crossroads, our church in Los Angeles. You can (and should!) check it out here.
3. That Sunbury’s internet is capable of downloading a podcast, period! Living alone in a quiet house, I’ve been listening to many, many sermons.
4. This soup for dinner. After a smoothie and nuts and fruit all day, tonight called for a get-every-pan-in-the-kitchen-dirty sort of meal. So worth it!
|Check out the recipe here at 101cookbooks.com. I’ve never been disappointed by anything on this site.|
5. That God is for me!