Thank you, Father.
“Oh come, let us sing to the LORD; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the LORD our Maker! For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand.” -Psalm 95:1-7
1. Great joy! The more I count blessings, the more I take notice of God’s grace in my life, the more fully I experience Him. I think this is, by far, my most thankful Thanksgiving.
2. A perfectly baked squash dish, despite a finicky oven and limited ingredients.
3. My tiny kitchen filled with the delicious aroma of roasting squash.
4. The chance to share Thanksgiving with the men and women who work here from San Souci.
5. That John has friends with which to enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner today.
6. The unexpected chance to talk to John, however briefly, because OUR INTERNET IS REPAIRED!
7. Thanksgiving dinner with 30 others, gathered not merely for the sake of preserving American tradition, but in celebration of the Lord’s goodness every day of our lives. Sometimes distance and a change of routine helps to remind us what holidays are really about.
8. Hundreds of thanks shared and translated around the table.
9. Washing dishes with my Uncle Dick. Dishes are always more fun with other people.
10. Prayers immediately answered.
11. Pumpkin pie, of course.