“Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God’s will for you in Jesus Christ.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Today I am thankful for:
1. My giant brick of a study Bible. People in other parts of the world would do just about anything to have unrestricted access to this book. I should be more grateful.
2. The religious freedom we still have in America.
3. Rain that held off long enough to get through both tutoring sessions.
|The storm rolling in.|
4. The joy of kids who love to read. I so enjoy having to tell the children that yes, it’s really time to stop reading now and no, we don’t have time for one more story because I really don’t want them to walk home in a downpour. They love books and I love that they love books.
|Sphelele and Lihlethemba|
5. The joy of reconnecting with the same children I tutored in 2011. Zinhle, for one, has grown up from a shy, quiet, pretty serious little girl into the sweetest, talkative, thoughtful young lady—or slightly older little girl! I’ve said so many goodbyes that I thought would be forever, or at least this side of heaven. What a blessing to meet again much sooner!
I’m in deep trouble, falling in love all over again. I don’t want to think about the goodbyes to come.
|Saying goodbye to Zinhle in May 2011.|
|Sweet Zinhle today.|