1. The Choose to Wait Curriculum. It’s so, so good. More importantly, I’m thankful for God’s perfect design for marriage, sexuality and family. We’re using the CTW curriculum as a framework for teaching God’s plan for the family at school assemblies each week. Then in December, we’ll present the whole program to the upper grade kids.
2. Waking up to singing birds.
3. God is still sovereign, regardless of who wins the election. My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
4. Hot soup for dreary days.
I discovered this recipe last week. I may or may not have already made it twice…
Carrot Ginger Coconut Soup
– 2 roasted sweet potatoes (peel and roast with a splash of olive oil, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. ground cloves and a dash of nutmeg. I don’t think I’ve actually measured yet, but it’s been great both times.
– 2 roasted carrots
– 3 cloves roasted garlic
– 1 1 inch piece of ginger
– 1 can coconut milk
– 1 small apple, peeled and sliced
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1/8 tsp. ground cloves or allspice
Blend until smooth, then heat until gently simmering. It’s excellent with cracked pepper. I’m sure it’d also be amazing with crusty, hot bread.
“I think we delight to praise what we enjoy because the praise not merely expresses but completes the enjoyment; it is its appointed consummation.” – C. S. Lewis